A string of firearm and vehicle thefts in the Simmie area this January has recently resulted in the sentencing of one Medicine Hat resident.
Patrick Ryan Price pled guilty to 12 counts in total on Wednesday at the Swift Current Provincial Courthouse:
- two counts of theft of a vehicle
- three counts of possessing firearms without a license
- two counts of break and enter
- one count of mischief of a vehicle
- one count possession of a firearm while prohibited
- one count obstruction
He was sentenced to 270 days in custody, which he has been remanded for a portion of, as well as payment of restitution to one of the victims.
Medicine Hat's Tyler James Poczik, who was a suspect with Price in the incidents, is set to appear in court next on April 26.