April Wine played the Sky Center at Living Sky Casino last week. I was unable to attend, but luckily Trent Redekop was able to provide us with a synopsis of the show...
April Wine, Sky Center, May 21
First song at 8:03pm. Anything You Want, You Got it,
* No story telling between songs, just some ramblings.
* The Bar was tested at this event unlike any I've seen before. The line was long, and people were ready to DRINK!
Just Between You and Me got a good crowd pop.
Say Hello was the 4th song - sang a little differently, probably because their voices aren't like they were 30 years ago. Still good though!
Enough is Enough
Could Have Been A Lady - finally used some crowd lights. Great song, at his point you could feel the energy and see mullets swaying in the audience.
Band intro - Bass player looked like the big labowski (I thought)
Song of the new album (very bluesish)
Lady Run Lady Hide was epic! A real crowd pleaser for sure.
I Like to Rock (AWESOME) into I Can't Get No Satisfaction (ALSO AWESOME)
( the crowd is going nuts at this point)
* She's A Roller - then the left the stage
(The Crowed at this point was not letting up on clapping until they came back out for more)
* Like A Lover Like a Song
* Right Down on top of me ??
* Sign of a Gypsy Queen (amazing)
* BIG DRUM SOLO - We could all see the school bell on the drum kit and knew it was coming .....
* BAM !!! OOOH WHAT A NIGHT at about 10:05 to wrap up the show. Good stuff.