Another big summer event returns to Swift Current July 8th to 11th, as the Chautauqua Summer Theatre Festival goes at the historic Lyric Theatre, featuring six touring one-act plays over four days.
Magic 97 has 10 passes to the Chautauqua shows to give away and we're going to ask some trivia questions every morning and afternoon on our Facebook page. A lot of the questions are pretty tricky, so we're going to post all of the answers here:
1. Where did the first Chatauqua originate?
- Chautauqua Lake, New York
2. In what year was the first Chatauqua held at the Lyric Theatre?
3. Who the manager of the Lyric from 1923 until his death in 1969?
- Jack Lundholm
4. In what year was the Lyric Theatre built?
5. Name one of the two plays at this year's Chautauqua for young people?
- "Aiden Flynn Lost His Brother So He Makes Another" or "Saskatchewan Outdoors"
6. While the Lyric's Chautauqua is being held indoors at the theatre, the Chautauquas of the past were usually held where?
7. What's the name of the non-profit organization that runs the Lyric Theatre founded in 2005?
- Southwest Cultural Development Group
8. From 1925-1960, the Swift Current Amusement Company owned and operated two theatre: the Lyric and this other theatre located downtown.
- Eagle Theatre
9. This play at this year's Chautauqua on Saturday, July 11 is a mash-up of Games of Thrones and Lord of the Rings.
- "Lord of the Thrones"
10. One of the plays this year is called "Eleanor's Story: An American Girl in Hitler's Germany." What city is this historical play set?
Now that you're armed with all of the answers, just watch for the trivia questions to be posted on Facebook. The first person to comment with the correct answer will win the passes!
You can also get tickets for the shows and Festival passes at Pharmasave or by calling the Lyric at 306-773-6292.