South West Terminal (SWT) is generously giving to three lucky charities this Christmas season and are asking our listeners help decide on which charity will receive the Grand Prize of $5000 donation from SWT.
One of the charities that we are shining a light on is STARS Air Ambulance, STARS offers time, hope and life-saving transport to critically ill and injured patients.
In particular, note the following about STARS in SK:
- STARS was launched in Saskatchewan in 2012 – celebrating our fifth anniversary this year!
- STARS has one base in Regina and one in Saskatoon – both are staffed 24/7 to provide emergency medical care and transport to critically ill and injured patients across the province
- In our five years, we’ve carried out well over 4,500 missions to more than 500 communities across Saskatchewan
- We are proud to be a vital link in the chain of survival, working with our partners in local fire, police and ground EMS
- In addition to our helicopter emergency medical service, we provide donor supported critical care skills training at no cost to rural and remote health care professionals through our travelling Mobile Education Unit – basically an emergency room simulated training facility on wheels
- Many people don’t realize that although we receive 50% of our funding from the provincial government, that still leaves us with $10.5 million we need to raise for each and every year – through fundraising events, our lottery and individual, business and community support
Why we fight for life - VIdeo from STARS Air Ambulance:
Kathy Jennings talked with Bonnie Fortin, a mother of four from Elrose who shared her personal story about STARS Air Ambulance.
Cast your VOTE for STARS Air Ambulance before Dec 29th for their chance to win $5000 Donation from SWT.