Halloween is tomorrow and we wanted to make sure that it's a safe evening of Trick or Treating for the kids.
We had a chance to speak with Christine Niemczyk, Director of Communications for CAA Saskatchewan and she shares with us what we should take into account when it's All Hallow's Eve and the kids are out:
CAA Saskatchewan recommends the following Halloween safety tips:
During school hours:
- Please be aware of CAA School Safety Patrollers on duty and obey their instructions.
- Watch for children who may be wearing their costumes to school. Allow proper time for children and their families to cross streets safely.
- Reduce your speed in school zones.
During the evening:
- Wear costumes that are bright and don't obstruct your vision or hearing.
- Always look both ways before crossing the street, and cross safely at crosswalks and intersections.
- Carry a flashlight and Trick or Treat in groups. Younger children should always be accompanied by an older sibling or adult.
- If you’re driving, please slow down to at least 10 km below the speed limit in school zones and residential areas.
Another way for the kids to learn is with the Colouring Contest that CAA has and deadline to enter is Oct. 31st.